Tyndale in ISHN Magazine: Steps to Comply with 1910.269
OSHA’s 2014 updates to 29 CFR 1910.269 are generally embraced as much-needed measures to better protect the men and women who work on or near electric power lines. Read Tyndale’s article featured on page 44 of the July 2014 issue of Industrial Safety & Hygiene News Magazine (ISHN) for four important next steps employers should take prompt action to accomplish now that the OSHA 1910.269 final rule has been published.
Have you taken these steps yet?
- Conduct the proper hazard analyses and incident energy calculations
- Identify groups within the company that require PPE under the new rule, as well as items and quantities the organization will require.
- Engage an arc rated clothing solution provider, and do so well in advance.
- Leverage resources for teaching and enforcing proper care and maintenance of FR clothing – register to view Tyndale’s free FR Care and Maintenance Video.
The article also covers important criteria to use in selecting an arc-rated clothing supplier who can reliably help employers understand how protective requirements and employer responsibilities are changed under the new rule and deliver quality protective clothing in compliance with the new requirements.
Among other features, does your supplier offer these important benefits?
- Help employers understand their responsibilities under the new ruling, how to properly protect employees, and how to adapt their current protective clothing programs.
- Provide straightforward care and maintenance instructions and resources to support employers as they, in turn, educate employees and enforce care and maintenance standards.
Have questions about meeting the new requirements? Need products quickly? Contact Tyndale at 800-356-3433 or 1910269@TyndaleUSA.com today!