FRMC®: Different Than Other FR Fabrics
FRMC® (flame resistant modacrylic cotton) is Tyndale’s exclusive brand of flame resistant modacrylic/cotton blended fabric. Modacrylic blended fabrics have been used extensively throughout the arc/flame industry for over 25 years.
FRMC® fabrics are inherently flame resistant – made using fibers that are innately flame resistant – and the flame resistant properties cannot be degraded through use or laundering. Unlike FRMC®, treated FR fabrics undergo a process during manufacturing to impart flame resistance onto the fabric fibers.
Why FRMC® Over Other FR Fabrics?
FRMC®-based products offer distinct advantages over products made from other flame resistant fibers and fabrics. Characteristics of FRMC® include:
- Soft, lightweight and comfortable
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties
- Retains shape well, maintains appearance and fit
Products manufactured using FRMC® fabric are known among end-users for comfort, durability, excellent color retention and overall professional appearance. Tyndale’s FRMC® supplier offers a US-based supply chain, with all manufacturing processes – spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing and finishing – conducted in the United States. By buying U.S.-made products, you are directly supporting American jobs.
Additionally, Tyndale’s FRMC® supplier tests the fabric for flame resistance after each production lot, as specified in ASTM F1506, the governing ASTM standard for flame resistant clothing.
FRMC® Fabric Finishing Options
In addition to the qualities inherent to FRMC® fabrics described above, there are several fabric finishing options that Tyndale extends to its customers. After FR fabrics go through the dyeing process, a multitude of finishes can be applied to enhance the wearer’s experience. These finishes include:
- Moisture Wicking – Wicking fabric is designed to pull sweat and moisture away from skin toward the outside of fabric in order to evaporate quicker. This process is often referred to as “moisture management.”
- Antimicrobial/Odor Control – Antimicrobial fabric has properties that combat odor and/or resist hazardous microorganisms. Antimicrobial fabric resists mold, mildew and bacterial growth and also typically has odor control or release properties that make them durable and long lasting.
- Stain Release – Stain release fabrics allow stains that have been absorbed into a garment to wash out.
Fabric finishes supplement FR protection while enhancing the wearer experience by ensuring comfort, maximizing professional appearance and garment wear life, and/or mitigating challenges in the work environment. Correspondingly, FR fabric finishes ultimately help ensure workers are properly protected when arc flash or flash fire hazards are present in the workplace.
For more information on FRMC® fabrics, garments, or the available options of finishes, please contact Terry Godusky at firstname.lastname@example.org.